Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Newbie Chronicles

This is a gaming blog but I'm not a gamer. Not yet, anyways.
I dabbled in a handful of games when I was small; first person shooters, turn-based, racing, rpg. Turns out I didn't know what I was doing and I certainly didn't know what being a gamer meant. With the help of crazy internet users both foreign and domestic and a guy who sleeps in my room, I'm on my way to gaming competency.

My latest "project" is Minecraft and I must say I made a great choice. Don't misunderstand, I'm awful at it. I'm genuinely terrified of all the monsters and I'm horribly inefficient. Luckily, Iji apparently doesn't mind being my personal encyclopedia so I have made some progress. I have a house, enough diamond that I don't need to hoard it (but choose to anyways), a mostly navigable mine, and I'm preparing to venture into the nether, preparing here meaning ready but avoiding.

Here's my problem with the nether: it's scary. I watched Iji wander around there and it just looked like Hell. Actual Hell. I expected the Robot Devil to pop up and say things that my mother wouldn't like. Regardless, I've made most of my nether preparations and hopefully one of my next blog posts will recount all of the details of me running around and screaming about how awful it is.

I titled this post "The Newbie Chronicles" because that's what I want this to be; a series of accounts of my gaming experiences. Hopefully Iji and I will be able to make some videos as well because our in-game banter is hilarious.

If you're reading this then you're either generous or have great taste and I thank you and love you more than is socially acceptable.

-Ixi

Tweet us naughty things: @IxiXD @IjiXD

No comments:

Post a Comment