Saturday, October 27, 2012

Adventures in Troll-dom

I mean Troll like the race, not the jerk with a lot of free time.

So in my last post I talked a little about this wondrous experience but I thought I'd elaborate about actual gameplay. Imagine that. I was really excited about playing a druid because I really like the idea of being able to turn into a cat and eat peoples faces and such. But of course it turns out that I'm pretty bad at melee classes. It's not much of a surprise since movement isn't my strong suit but I was a little upset. That is until I tried playing a Hunter. Oh hohoho! The stories I could tell!

I made a Blood Elf Hunter for a few reasons. I thought it'd be a good idea to try a ranged class and I want to collect pets (here meaning cats) like an actual psycho. The Blood Elf part was mostly for the lore. I find them to be a pretentious race, though. Regardless, I really enjoyed playing and it's my highest level character so far. It's only twenty something but I think I'm a big deal and you can't refute that. Mostly because I won't let you. In lieu of my enjoyment with the class, I switched servers and made a Pandaren Hunter and it was a great decision for me.

I don't know how those of you that have been playing longer feel about the Pandaren but I love them. I didn't level as quickly without awesome gear but I didn't mind because of the quest line. With the Trolls and Blood Elves I was like "alright fine, I'll help. I am pretty wonderful so you were smart to ask for my assistance." HOWEVER! The Pandaren quests really got me excited *suggestive eyebrows*. I got into the story and was excited to meet each new challenge. I doubt many of you haven't played one already but for those of you that haven't (including Iji) I won't go into detail.
I must say, the dude Pandaren are just... fat. I get wanting to play a female though I don't like my animals to have curves, anthropomorphic or not. It made me a little itchy at first. That aside I really recommend at least getting through the starter zone. I had a grand old time and it's not like it's a time-consuming venture.

I plan to keep playing at least one of my Hunters but aside from that I'm not sure what to do next. I'll try new classes and hope that something sticks. The only downside is that Iji and I are poor hobos so who knows how long we'll be able to play D: That aside, I'm happy about my recent gaming experiences and I like sharing my -insert appropriate adjective here- stories with you. You're aaaaaaaaall special.

-Ixi

P.S. I think the Blood Elf pet is pretty sweet. I get irritated by the noise it's wings make but just based on appearance I love it. And the Pandaren turtle makes a silly noise when it walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment